The vision of the department is ecologically healthy, economically viable and socially beneficial Inland Fisheries, Marine Fisheries and progressive aquaculture sector that generates livelihood to traditional fishermen, Economic activity to farmers and earn foreign exchange by exports and provide fish for all.Development of Fisheries is well known as “Blue Revolution” has made rapid growth in Marine, Inland and Aqua culture sector in the recent years.
East Godavari District occupies a prominent place with regard to fisheries and fishery sector in A.P and endowed with rich Marine, Inland and Brackish water Fishery Resources.
- Production and supply of fish seed.
- Implementation of various schemes for development of Inland fisheries, Marine fisheries and Aquaculture sector.
- Imparting trainings in Modern Trends in Fisheries and sustainable Aquaculture.
- Leasing and Licensing of public water bodies for development of fishery.
- Implementation of MS Act for registration of sea going fishing craft.
- Regularisation of coastal aquaculture as per the guidelines of CAA Act 2005.
- Registration and Regularisation of fresh water aquaculture.
- Conservancy of fishery resources.
- Organisation of Fishermen Cooperative Societies.
- Implementation of Fishermen Housing Scheme.
- Subsidy Schemes to traditional fishermen.
- Creation of infrastructure
- Fishing Ban relief to marine fishermen