LABOUR DEPARTMENT, PRAKASAM DISTRICT
The Labour Department in the District are headed by Deputy Commissioner of Labour and he is assisted by two Assistant Commissioners of Labour & two Assistant Commissioners of Labour (SSS) and ten Assistant Labour Officers and their details are given below;
|1.Asst.Commissioner of Labour, ONGOLE
2.Asst. Commissioner of Labour(SSS), Ongole
|1.Asst. Commissioner of Labour, KANDUKUR
2. Asst. Commissioner of Labour(SSS),Markapur
|1.Asst.Labour Officer-1, ONGOLE||1.Asst.Labour Officer, KANDUKUR|
|2.Asst.Labour Officer-2, ONGOLE||2.Asst.Labour Officer, KANIGIRI|
|3.Asst.Labour Officer-1, CHIRALA||3.Asst.Labour Officer, CUMBUM|
|4.Asst.Labour Officer-2, CHIRALA||4.Asst.Labour Officer, MARKAPUR|
|5.Asst.Labour Officer, PARCHUR||5.Asst.Labour Officer, ADDANKI|
Objectives of the Department:
- Maintenance of Industrial peace.
- Ensuring wages, safety, welfare, working hours, weekly & other holidays,
- Leave, bonus and gratuity etc. for workers.
- Promotion of welfare and social security of workers by implementation of various welfare schemes
Functions (General) of the Department:
- Maintenance of harmonious Industrial relations by resolving industrial disputes and facilitation of fair wage settlements through conciliation and adjudication.
- Promotion of Welfare and Social Security of workers by implementation of schemes of A.P. Building and Other Construction Workers welfare Board, A.P. Labour Welfare Board and A.P. State Social Security Board for Unorganized Workers.
- Securing safety, welfare, specified working hours, weekly and other holidays, leave, appointment letters, identity cards etc. to the workers by implementation of 22 Central and 4 State Acts.
- Implementation of Minimum Wages to the workers in 73 Scheduled Employments.
- Settlement of claims for wages, Employees’ Compensation, Gratuity, Bonus etc., for workers through summary quasi-judicial proceedings.
- Registration and Licensing of Establishments and collection of Labour Welfare Fund.
- Registration of Trade Unions.
- Rescue and release of child labour.
- Assessment and collection of Labour Cess from construction works.
- Registration of building and other construction workers and issue of I.D. Cards.
- Implementation of various Labour Enactments.
- Conciliation under Industrial Disputes Act.
- Quasi-judicial work under Minimum Wages Act, Payment of Wages Act, Equal Remuneration Act, Payment of Gratuity Act, AP Shops and Establishments Act and Employees Compensation Act.
- Registering/Licensing of Shops, Establishments.
Main Activities of the Department:
- Implementation of Welfare and Social Security Schemes:
- The A.P. Labour Welfare Board: As per Annexure-I
- The A.P. Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board: As per Annexure-II
- The State Social Security Board for Unorganized Workers:Implemented through Chandranna Bima through SERP.
Online Registration of Establishments under integrated Registration Act in respect of;
- A.P. SHOPS & ESTABLISHMENTS ACT
- MOTOR TRANSPORT WORKERS ACT
- CONTRACT LABOUR ACT
- PAYMENT OF GRATUITY ACT
- BEEDI & CIGAR ACT
- BUILDING AND OTHER CONSTRUCTION WORKERS ACT
Minimum Wages will be implemented in 73 scheduled employments including 65 industry related employments and 8 agriculture and allied employments.
The Officers from Asst. Commissioner of Labour to Commissioner of Labour have been notified as Commissioners for Employees Compensation under the Employees Compensation Act, 1923.
The Department enforces the Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986 and other child labour laws towards elimination of child labour.
Activities under other Important Acts:
- Payment of Wages Act, 1936:
- A.P. Shops and Establishments Act, 1988:
- Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970:
- Inter State Migrant Workmen (ROE&COS) Act, 1979:
- Industrial Employment & Standing Orders Act:
- Beedi and Cigar Workers(Conditions of Employment) Act:
- Payment of Bonus Act, 1965:
- Motor Transport Workers Act, 1961:
- Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972:
- Trade Unions’ Act,1926: