PUBLIC HEALTH And MUNICIPAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND STRUCTURE OF PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
- Name of the District : Prakasam District.
- Name of the Department : Public Health & Municipal Engineering Department.
- No. of Urban Local Bodies(ULBs) : 8 Nos.
- No. of Corporations : 1 No
- No. of Municipalities : 3 Nos.
- No. of Nagar Panchayats : 4 Nos.
- This Department is formulated for creation(construction) of basic infrastructure like water supply, roads, drainage, solid waste management etc., for ULBs.
- This Department is under the Control of State Government under the Monitoring of Principal Secretary, Municipal Administration & Urban Development.
- This Department possessing Engineer-in-chief as Head of the Department and having 5 Nos of Circle throughout the State of Andhra Pradesh.
As far as This Division is concerned, it is under the control of Public Health Circle, Nellore.And 3 Nos. of Municipalities and 4 Nos. of Nagar Panchayat are under the control of this Division to monitor the construction of basic infrastructure like Water Supply Projects, Roads, Drains, Solid Waste Management Projects and Sewerage and Septage Treatment Plants and hand over to the ULBs for further operation and maintenance.
This Division comprising of 3 Sub Divisions, i.e., at Chirala, Kandukur and Markapur under Control of Deputy Executive Engineers. They will look after the construction of infrastructure projects and development activities in Nagar Panchayats under their jurisdiction.
Executive Engineer, Public Health Division, Ongole has to accord technical sanctions to the cost of estimates from Rs. 2.00 Lakhs to Rs 40.00 Lakhs in respect of Nagar Panchayats and Rs. 5.00 Lakhs to Rs. 40.00 Lakhs in respectof Municipalities, besides necessary technical opinions to the bids invited by the ULBs for which technical sanction have been accorded will be given.
Executive Engineer, Public Health Division, Ongole has to accord technical sanctions, inviting tenders and to award works to agency for the works worth up to Rs. 40.00 lakhs under purview of the Public Health Division, Ongole for which funds allocate to this department for execution of works.
DETAILS OF ONGOING SCHEMES
The Government has accorded administrative sanction for Rs. 123.00 Crores to take up the work viz., Ongole Municipal Corporation. – AMRUT (2016-20) (Phase – II) – Water Supply Improvement Scheme and Performance Based O&M for 7 Years including Defect Liability Period of 2 Yearsas additional arrangement to fill up the SS Tank in addition to Original Source. Work was awarded to the Agency vide G.O M.s. No. 403 MA & UD (UBS) Dept., Dt. 17/11/2017. The work was entrusted to M/s The Indian Hume Pipe Co. Ltd., Mumbai and Physical & financial progress of the work is 62% & 35 % respectively.Expected date of Completion on 30-09-2019
The Government has accorded administrative sanction for Rs. 30.79 Crores to take up the work viz., Ongole Municipal Corporation. – Sewage and Septage Management for Construction of 15 MLD STP in Ongole Municipal Corporation under AMRUT (2016-20). The work was entrusted to M/s NCC Constructions, Hyderabad and Physical & financial progress of the work is 26% & 9 % respectively.Expected date of Completion on 06-10-2019