The District Industries Centre (DICs) programme was started by the central government in 1978 with the objective of providing a focal point for promoting micro, small, medium , large and mega industries in a particular area and to make available to them all necessary services and facilities at one place.
The District Industries Centre is headed by General Manager with the support of two Deputy Directors and two Assistant Directors and the field level operations are performed by the Industrial Promotion Officer from the erstwhile Taluk Head Quarters. The entire DIC machinery implement policies and procedures framed by the State and Central Governments from time to time.
At present Industrial Development Policy (IDP) 2015-20 is in force w.e.f. 01-04-2015 to 31-03-2020, with the following Objectives .
- To encourage the contribution of Manufacturing to GSDP from 9.9% to 15% and Industries to GSDP from 20.7% to 25% by 2020.
- To attract investment to the tune of Rs.2.00Lak Cr by 2020(State level)
- To create employment opportunities for additional 1 Million people
- To improve the logistic facilities
The Thrust Areas:
- Agro and food processing
- Life sciences including Pharma and Biotech
- Textile and Apparel
- Mineral Based
- International Desk to facilitate assistance to Foreign Investors
- Incubation Centres to promote startups and cultivate innovative ideas
- Planned Development of Industrial Corridors, Industrial Parks and smart Industrial townships
- Power, Stamp Duty & Tax Reimbursements
- Capital Incentives for adapting Green Measures
- Incentives for Social Inclusion and overall development
- Agriculture Sector
|Sl.No||ITEM||PRODUCTION (in Tons)||MANDALS COVERED|
|7||OTHERS(PULSES AND GROUND NUT)||140000||40|
- Horticulture Sector
|Sl.No||ITEM||PRODUCTION (in Tons)||MANDALS COVERED|
- Eucalyptus, subabul and casurina are cultivated as social forestry with a production of 510000 tons(wood) every year. Bamboo cultivated in reserve forests, quantity yielding every year of 185000 tons.
- Fisheries Development: 102 KM of Coastline, Shrimp Cultivation (350 Ha) with 2000 tons of shrimp production and Fishing with Modern boats in the sea. Salt cultivation in 7931 Acrs with annual production 120000 tons of raw salt.
- Renewable Energy Sources: One Thermal Power Generation (16 MW) and 32 MW Solar Power Generation
- Mineral Sector
MAJOR MINERALS: GRANITES, SILICA SAND, QUARTZ, CLAY,LOW GRADE IRON ORE, SLATE STONE MANGANESE ORE, BYRATES(LOW GRADE)
Potential areas in the district:
Chimakurthy , Ballikurava, Santhamagulur for Granite resources , Martur and Addanki for Textiles units and Singarayakonda, Ongole, Kothapatnam, Chirala are for Shrimp / Fish Processing, Markapur for Design Slates. Ulavapadu for fruits and Vegetable processing units and Giddalur Tomato Products.
- Chirala and Vetapalem for Garments and apparels , Chinaganjam, Singarayakonda for Salt cultivation
- All the mandals of Prakasam District have scope for establishment of milk processing units.
- Giddalur and Markapur have scope for establishment of Herbal and Forest based products.
- One proposal for establishment of Aero and Defence Plant at Donakonda
|Sl. No||Sector||No. of Units||Invst. (Rs.Cr.)||Emp.(No)|
|2||Large & Mega Units||87||2979||22393|
|3||Large units under implementation||3||245||606|
Sector Wise Industries at a Glance
Strong sectors in the district
Granite, Textiles, Tobacco Processing, Shrimp processing
Below are few examples-
- Kallam Spinning Mills, ITC Limited, NSL Textiles, Amaravathi Textiles, Idupulapadu Cotton Mills. (13 spinningmills with a capacity of 5lakhs spindles)
- Southern Tropical Foods, Munnangi Sea Foods, Devi Sea foods, Royal Marine, Crystal Sea Foods(shrimp processing)
- BVL Granites, BVL Infra , Jyothi Granites Exports, Thulip Granites, Hues Granites, Satya Exports,Southern Rock and Minerals(Granite slabs & Tiles –EOUs )
- GSR Eco Bricks, Raghuram Hume Pipes , Segno Ceramics.(Ceramic tiles,Light weight Bricks ,cement hume pipes)
- Brahmas Agro Industries, CAPOL, (Edible Oils Processing)
- Teamec Chlorate Ltd, JC Bio Tech Pvt.Ltd., Bhagiradha Chemicals and Industries Ltd.,(Chemical Based)
- Synthite Industries(chilly oil and color)
- ITC LTD.,M.L Agro Products Pvt Ltd., B.K.Threshers Pvt.Ltd.(Tobacco processing units)
Details on Wind Power/Hydel Power/Substations/Feeders
- 32 MW Solar Power Station at Tarlupadu (V&;M)
- 16 MW Thermal Power Generation at Maddipadu
- 220/132 KV Sub stations at Ongole, Podili , Markapur and Parchur
- 132/33 KV sub stations: stations in operation-16 Nos.
- 33/11 KV sub stations in operation: – 192 Nos.
Land & Water
- National Investment and Manufacturing Zone(Land identified in Acre.14230 )
- Donakonda Mega Industrial Hub: 5680 Acrs. (Acquired).
- >Food Park at Nagarajupalli (V) Martur (M): 200 Acrs(Identified).
- Food Park at Kovilampadu (V) C.S.Puram (M) :41.56 Acrs(Identified)
Rivers: No major revivers in district
Medium size rivers are flowing in district i.e 1.Gundlakamma 2.Paleru 3.Musi 4.Manneru
Major irrigation Canal/Projects:
- NSP canal – 173913 Acs Ayacut
- Kommamur Canal ; 29106 Acrs
- Rallapdu Reservoir: 5338 Acrs
- Mopadu Resevoir:3350 Acrs
- Paleru – Bitragunta canal:2939 Acrs
- V.R.Kota lift irrigation: 2248 Acrs
- Cumbum Tank -2810 Acrs
- Gundlakamma Project:20000 Acrs(Linking of canal work under progress)
- Veligonda Project:500000 Acrs (under construction)
- Kanaparthi lift irrigation:2500 Acrs ayacut
- National High with 6 lane: 117 Km
- State high way :710 km
- ZP roads of 1786 km
Other district roads :936 km
Railways: 227 km
Airports: One old Airport at Donakonda not in operation
Ports: No Major ports
|1||T.ANAND KUMAR||General Manager||9640909824|
|2||K.Venkata Ramana||Deputy Director||7997952395|
|4||G.Krishna Rao,||Assistant Director||7997952393|